- Identify potential areas for future research in the context of this [Topic Sentence]
- Identify gaps in the literature on [Topic Sentence]
- Generate a list of research hypotheses related to [Topic Sentence]
Finding Research Papers:
- I’m looking for credible sources to support my argument on [topic] in an academic paper of [length].
- I’m trying to find original research on [topic] that I can use to back up my claims in a [length] paper.
- Finding research paper I need to write a research paper on [topic] that covers both sides of the argument and includes evidence from at least [number] sources.
Research trend analysis:
- I want to conduct research trend analysis in the field of [field/topic]. Can you help me identify emerging trends, and potential areas of exploration? Include dates of importance, fields of thought, areas of contention and debate, and include prominent authors.
Analyze Qualitative Data:
- Help me analyze research data from a spreadsheet of 30 participants, who were interviewed about [detail]. Extract two significant quotes per participant, summarize their use cases, and identify common themes. Present similar results together and consider all actions from the perspective of [context].
- Identify potential biases in research outputs or the following information [copy and paste the relevant information].
Sources for learning more about academic research prompts:
Al Tools for Reading Tasks
AI Tools for Writing Tasks
Paperpal: AI assistant for academic writing
Jenni.ai: AI-powered tool for writing research papers.
Trinka: AI-enabled language & grammar checker for academic writing
Scribbr: AI proofreader, paraphraser, summarizer and grammar checker
MyBib: Citation generator and bibliography management tool
Grammarly: An AI-based digital writing assistant that helps improve grammar, tone, and clarity in English writing
ProWritingAid: An AI-powered tool providing in-depth grammar checking, style advice, and more to improve writing quality
Quillbot: An AI text paraphraser, summarizer and grammar checker tool to improve writing, while preserving the original meaning
Ludwig.guru: An AI-enabled sentence search engine that helps users write better English by providing contextualized examples
Further readings on "Using Generative AI for Academic Research"
Use and Limitations of Generative AI (Newcastle University)
Using Generative AI in Research (University of Southern California)
Exploring the pros and cons of using artificial intelligence in manuscript preparation for scientific journals (National Library of Medicine)
Thank you for your dedication toward empowering research and saving lives!